Save Time & Money With Dot Collector Training
The Importance Of DOT Specimen Collector Training
The Department of Transportation (DOT) prohibits drug and alcohol use by employees holding safety-sensitive positions in fields such as, trucking, community transportation, air travel, and the country’s pipelines and railroad system. In order for your organization to remain compliant with the DOT’s regulations, you—as an employer—must ensure that regular employee drug testing is taking place to promote public safety and reduce workplace accidents.
In order to conduct DOT urine specimen collections, , the collector must be properly trained and have demonstrated proficiency in various scenarios without error.
DOT itself does not provide urine specimen collector training, which is why we are here to assist. Our qualified instructors meet all requirements to provide the training and oversee proficiency. By having your employees qualified to conduct testing, you will save valuable time and money by eliminating the need to hire an outside testing company.
Would you like to give select team members the proficiency training needed to conduct DOT urine specimen collections? Sign up for our specimen collector training.
Our Types Of DOT Specimen Collector Training
Online Collector Training
We realize that your employees are busy which can make it difficult to set up the perfect time for DOT specimen collector training. To accommodate your employees’ differing schedules, we offer a comprehensive online training specimen collector course that ensures your select staff members are properly educated while learning at their own pace. Once the virtual training has been successfully completed, employees will be qualified to conduct DOT urine specimen collections.
If you would like to keep an eye on your staff’s progress, you can easily track their course through our curated platform.
What To Expect From The Collector Training Course
Our specimen collector course ensures that your chosen employees receive the correct training to satisfy the requirements for qualification as defined by DOT’s federal regulations, 49 CFR Part 40 rule.
Throughout the detailed course, we will train your staff members to:
- Fully understand the DOT rules & regulations CFR, Part 40 & the DOT Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines
- Conduct & manage specimen collection through mock tests, and comprehend the differences between normal and abnormal samples and scenarios
- How to fill out the required Custody & Control Form (CCF) and carry out each necessary step in order to complete specimen collection
- Properly manage abnormal urine specimen collection situations like “shy bladder”, or employees who try to corrupt samples
- Identify flawed specimen samples & learn to correct collections problems that occur
- Ensure and keep employee privacy throughout the collection process
- Make sure the specimen sample is properly kept safe
- Understand when Direct Observation Collection is necessary and how to conduct one
- DOT urine specimen collections for drug testing
- Return-to-duty testing
Please Note That
DOT specimen collection proficiency training must be repeated every 5 years.
Are you looking to train specimen collectors within your organization, or have employees refresh their proficiency training?
Start With Collector Training Today
By having your employees successfully complete our collector training, you can rest assured that your organization will be well prepared when a specimen collection is needed.
In addition to this course, we offer supplementary DOT safety training, OSHA compliance training, and MSHA courses. If you would like to sign-up for collector training, or have a customized training package created, contact us today.